John combines the unusual experience of news experience in radio, television and newspapers with 35 years of agency ownership/solo practice to bring clients a wealth of knowledge of what works.
A native of Raleigh, John began working for The News & Observer part-time at the age of 15. He worked his way through Wake Forest University as a student assistant in the Sports Information Office. After earning his Master’s degree in Journalism from the University of Missouri, he worked in radio and television news/sports in Savannah and Roanoke. He was assistant superintendent of Roanoke City Schools for community relations before forming John Lambert Associates in 1977. John now is a solo practitioner in Greenville, S.C.
John is accredited by the Public Relations Society of America.
His civic and professional affiliations include:
- President, Deacon Club, Wake Forest University
- Chair, Roanoke Civic Center Commission
- President, Downtown Roanoke, Inc.
- Director, Roanoke Valley Business Council
- Director, Roanoke Valley Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Director, Rotary Club of Roanoke
- Director, Roanoke Valley Chapter, American Red Cross
- Director, Good Samaritan Hospice
- Alumni Council, Wake Forest University